Enter the Viewer.
The new Community GIS viewers require users to download and install Java. CLICK HERE for the free download before proceeding. If you have Java installed and are trying to access the viewer for the first time, you will encounter the following Java pop-up that you should check the box for "Always trust content from this Publisher" and then click "Run". As long as you have that box checked, you will not encounter the Java pop-up during future viewer visits on your computer.
ARC GIS Online
1. Click on the Town/Village you wish to view
- If password protected, enter your password.
- If you do not know your password, please contact Southern Tier West.
2. To move around on the map, click and hold to move to desired area. Use wheel on mouse to zoom in and out.
- There are symbols at the bottom the page (+) and (-) that will allow you to zoom in or out by clicking them.
3. At the bottom of the page click on "layers" to check and un-check boxes for desired information.
4. The search bar is located at the bottom of the page (ex. for cemeteries, type in the last name of desired person to go to headstone).
5. To change a base map click on the 4-squares box at the bottom of the page and choose your desired base map.
If You Have Further Questions
Contact Jon Mayr at 716.945.5301 Ext. 2232 or